Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stretch Your Budget by Planning Ahead

I'm as guilty as anyone.  I know Christmas is December 25th it's the same date every year.  Why then am I surprised when I suddenly realize I have to purchase gifts?  A close friend of mine has her Christmas shopping all done usually by June.  She saves a ton of money by planning ahead and avoids the stresses of last minute shopping.

The same is true in business we know we have events, meetings, product launches, tradeshows and sales kick-offs and at the last minute we realize we need promotional items for giveaways.  We've reached the point where I have suppliers I can go to that can imprint and ship product out the same day for rush needs.

However with a little planning ahead, typically 60-90 days, I have suppliers who can produce whatever my clients need overseas at a greatly reduced cost.  If you are looking for a way to stretch your budget a little farther  and you have the time to wait this can be an excellent opportunity to get more for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment