Monday, June 6, 2011

Birthday Recognition for your Clients

I started my 44th birthday off today with a 5AM spin class.  Nothing says Happy Birthday like a wiry spin instructor telling you to "pedal faster if you don't want to be a loser", before the sun is even up.

Birthdays are a great opportunity to recognize clients and employees and if you know me at all you know how much I believe in recognition.  Recognition is one of the simplest and least expensive ways to reward those with whom you come in contact.  I recently read an article that stated that lack of recognition is one of the leading reasons employees leave a company.  That always amazes me when saying thank you or good job is such an easy thing to do.

One of the first birthday promotions I did for my clients was with a company that provided a Happy Birthday muffin tin with a fresh blueberry muffin it.  I would send the manufacturer my business cards and a list of the month's birthdays and they would package, ship and make sure they arrived to each of my clients on their birthday.  Maybe because I just cycled for an hour a muffin sounds really good right now.

Promo Joes is a company I love for providing clients with birthday gift baskets.  Their birthday muffin basket is the perfect gift with a variety of scrumptious muffins and even a small plush birthday bear.

Recognition for birthday's or other events doesn't need to be expensive.  I've been in the promotional business for almost 14 years and by now you'd think I would never want to see another pen in my life.  However, I was just given this pen with my name on it.  If there is one thing that never goes out of style it's seeing your own name in print.  With a gift like this you can have them all done up for 6 months or a year and send them out as needed.  This is one gift nobody is going to throw away.

No comments:

Post a Comment